BlazeRadio is dedicated to providing quality music, news, sports coverage, and unique programming to the online community 24/7/365 – all commercial free.
BlazeRadio is the official student-operated radio station at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, a nationally-ranked teaching and research university, offering a full range of academic programs including arts and humanities, business, education, engineering, and health related professions. UAB (and BlazeRadio) is located in Birmingham, Alabama. Support for BlazeRadio is provided by the Office of Student Media.
BlazeRadio is non-profit and therefore we cannot “sell ad space” nor will we buy ad space on any other network.
Our studio is located inside the Office of Student Media in the PITA Stop Building and is managed by the Student Affairs’ Technology Department.
Want to become a DJ?
Interested in joining the BlazeRadio staff? We offer unique opportunities to currently enrolled students that feature learning technical skills, radio production techniques, and much more. Call 205-934-3354 or stop by the Office of Student Media for an application.
Are you a local artist?
We want to help you gain more exposure on BlazeRadio! If you have a press kit or demo CD, please mail it to the address listed below. Our music director will be sure to listen to your music and contact you if we plan to play it on air! If you have any questions, please call 205-975-9259.
Listening to BlazeRadio is easy! Our new online player allows you to listen to our stream using your web browser for free! Just click on the Listen Live Now button above to start the online player. Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher is required to listen using our online player. You can also listen to BlazeRadio via the following ways:
- On your iPhone or iPod Touch – Download our BlazeRadio iPhone App to listen anywhere for free (you can also search for BlazeRadio in the iTunes Store).
- iTunes – We’re located in the iTunes radio directory under College Radio. Just select the ‘Radio’ link from the left side menu in iTunes then select the ‘College Radio’ category. If you don’t see the College Radio category, you may need to update your iTunes software.
- Windows Media Player – We’re located in the Windows Media Guide under Rock and Hip-Hop. Click on the ‘Guide’ tab and then select either the Rock or Hip-Hop category to find our station. You can also search the Windows Media Guide for UAB.
- Browser Toolbar – Our free browser toolbar allows you to listen to BlazeRadio with one click of your mouse. The radio player will be added to the top of your internet browser once installed. Download the toolbar today by clicking here.
- Using your mobile phone/smartphone – If your mobile phone has an audio player installed, you can enter our stream URL to enjoy BlazeRadio on the go! Our stream URL is http://stream.www.blazeradio.org:8000/blazeradio.m3u.
- Using your own player – You can also listen to BlazeRadio using your own media player. Click here to download our playlist file.
- Android Phone Users (Bham Only)) – You can find us on the Android by downloading the “TUNE IN” Application, select local radio, and BlazeRadio is listed towards the bottom.
If you need help listening to our station, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want promotion on BlazeRadio?
Click here to learn more.